Marysville was established in 1863 as a night stopover for travelers (by horse drawn wagons of course), on their way from Melbourne to the gold fields in the Woods Point region, negotiating what was known then as the Yarra Track. A timber industry became established and Guest houses followed. By the mid 1900’s the village became well known as a “honeymoon centre”. Since the “Black Saturday” wildfires of 7th February 2009, when 95%of the village was lost, a great revival has taken place in manmade structures and nature. Shops are open, gardens are green and autumn leaves are a delight.
An ideal base, to visit the nearby areas of Narbethong, Buxton, Taggerty and Eildon.
NOT TO BE MISSED;
Bruno’s Art & Sculpture Garden
Steavenson Falls (floodlit dusk to 11.00pm)
Playground (Murchison St)
24 Murchison St
Marysville VIC 3779